Monday, March 4, 2013

Lessons My Son has Taught Me

Having received a high school dipoloma, a college degree, countless hours of on the job trainings, and all of the life lessons I have learned throughout my journey I truly believed that I had learned everything that I needed to know about life.

That was until the day that Crew James Patel entered this world. The past four months I have learned more about about life than I ever did in 26 years. Crew is an amazing teacher. How could it be that a baby has taught me so much about life and who I want to be and he hasn't even uttered a single word?


Lessons my son has taught me:

Patience- Crew taught me patience before he was even born. I waited nine long, HOT, uncomfortable months to meet that precious baby boy. And what did he do? He decided he was going to make me wait longer! Not only was he late, but the doctor had to help him along! After being induced, pushing for over 3 LONG hours, and 3 vacuum attempts by the doctor I met the most beautiful baby boy. He taught me that all good things are definitely worth the wait. Ecclesiastes 3:11, "He hath made every thing beautiful in His time."











Love- The moment I saw Crew I fell completely in love. It was the purest form of love I had ever known or felt. Crew was so sweet and innocent and I was overwhelmed with the urge to protect him even if it meant dying for him. I would do anything for him. My needs suddenly disappeared. The only thing that mattered was him. It was true, unselfish, pure love. Crew gave me a small glimpse of the love that my Heavenly Father has for me. The love that I have for Crew cannot even compare to God's love for his children. There is NOTHING that can separate us from God's love.

The Bible says in Romans 8:38-39, "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." 

Knowing the love that I have for Crew, I am humbled to even try to understand God's love for me.


Image by Truly Blessed Photography


Image by Truly Blessed Photography




Happiness- Every morning that I wake up to Crew's cooing and laughing from the next room over I feel happiness. I can't remember one morning that Crew hasn't given me the biggest smile when I go in to see him. He is laughing and smiling and he is so happy to see me. He makes me feel so special. Crew wakes up every morning with the most beautiful gift...the gift of no worries. Crew isn't worried about the load of laundry that needs folded or the dishes that need washed or the bills that need paid. Crew lives every moment of his life to the fullest. He never worries about the future. He gives every person he sees the biggest smile. Crew has taught me to not sweat the small stuff. Enjoy every minute of life. Greet everyone you meet with a smile. Life is too short for regret or worries. The laundry, dishes, and bills will always be there, but the people you love are what really matters.






Faith- Crew has taught me the true meaning of faith. Crew trusts me with his life. When I pick him up he never fears that I will drop him or hurt him. He has complete faith in me. He knows I am his Mommy and that I will take care of his needs. Crew has taught me to put my full trust in my Heavenly Father and believe that He will take care of my needs.

Image by Truly Blessed Photography


The Bible says in Matthew 6:25-26, "Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?  Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?"

 My Heavenly Father cares enough about the birds to feed them. Why shouldn't I trust him to meet all of my needs?









Hope- Every day I wake up and feel the strongest surge of hope. Crew in his sweet innocence reminds me that amid this troubled economy, this evil world, evil men, diseases, poverty, and weather catastrophes there is a sweet little boy who knows nothing of this yet. Crew reminds me that God still give us beautiful blessings among the evil and sadness this world offers. Crew is my small glimpse of Heaven here on earth. He reminds me that there is still good here on earth and that I shouldn't give up just yet. Having accepted Jesus as my Savior, He has promised me Heaven. Crew has taught me to have hope amid this evil world and to look forward to God's promise of Heaven.



Image by Truly Blessed Photography






 When I found out that I was having a little boy I started thinking about all of the things that I wanted to teach him. I never in a million years dreamed that he would teach me so much. I thank God every day for this beautiful little miracle named Crew.




Image by Truly Blessed Photography




No comments:

Post a Comment